Making new friends

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

Hi my names Andy (Drew) and I was diagnosed Feb 2017 with a DIPG. Ask if you are not sure. 
I’m trying to make new friends who understand my situation. 
not sure what else to say but hi! 

• Hi Andy  and welcome to this corner of the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

The Mac Community is indeed a good place to connect with folks - so well done finding us.

We do have our very supportive Brain tumours group where folks stick around and help each other out during and after their treatments.

So my cancer journey started in 1999 - hit my Community name to see the story - although a completely different type of journey it was full of very low lows and some highs - presently in remission but under no elision that my condition will not come back again....... but that thought does not define me or the family.

What are the 2 top challenges that you are dealing with post treatment? 

When you feel up to it try putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. Just click on YOUR username, select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - you can see members profiles by hitting our forum names.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge