Feeling low apprehensive

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 23 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi all I feel a little bit of a fraud to be honest , but thought I'd share my thoughts.

Just finished treatment for radiotherapy  maltoma lymphoma Lung .

Its left me feeling quite low in mood & apprehensive about the result ,positive thinking that it's gone, but cannot stop thinking beyond that .

I thought I would be glad that its finally been treated  after 3 years watch & wait progression twice. 

I'm off work & cannot bring myself to go back ,working in the hospital loving my job .

But I've lost all my confidence & feel so emotional at times feel even started to feel jealous of of my support bestest friends cos they have more energy & enthusiasm than myself right now .

Wish I could snap out of feeling so low maybe the cough flue which I've picked up is adding to the way I'm feeling .

Life after treatment isn't what I'd expected.

Thought I'd be buzzing back at work happy that the  old me has returned back to help others ...enjoy banter have a little fun .

From what I've read it seems quite normal I guessing I will get there ....

I wish everyone  on here my best wishes you are truly inspiration xxx

• Hi , I went on a HOPE course in 2013 and can highly recommend it 

Sue

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to buttercup01

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your response I know that many people will think the same about being so near to the cancer unit after they have moved on and it probably brings back the memories one doesn't need or want but you don't have to visit a Macmillans centre at a hospital, they come to you with their The Macmillan mobile information Big Green Buses  one of them will be in the Cardiff area during March and April just waiting to welcome you, can't promise you a cup of tea but can assure of welcoming face 

On Monday 23 March 2020, Location:

Outside Lifestyle Shopping

Parc Ty Glas

Llanishen

CF14 5DY

Opening times:

09:00 - 15:000

On Tuesday 24 March 2020, International Sports Village

Cardiff Bay

CF11 0JP

Opening times:

09:00 - 15:00

On Wednesday 25 March 2020,.

Tesco Extra Excelsior Estate

Excelsior Road

Cardiff

CF14 3AT

Opening times:

On Thursday 16 April 2020,.

Asda Newport Superstore

Pencarn Way

Duffryn

NP10 8XL

Opening times:

On Friday 17 April 2020, 

Friars Walk Shopping Centre

John Frost Square

Newport

NP20 1UH

Opening times:

10:00 - 16:00

If you are near one they really are worth a visit  you can't miss them they are green, they are big and they are Macmillans.

The buses are all kitted out with facilities,to make people feel at home and have a quiet space where you can have a one to one with a trained volunteer and discuss any problems you are having, they can also advise on local activities that are going on.

Sorry to hear about mum, I know from previous conversations that she is a fighter and I'm sure she'll continue to do as for dad well everyone knows if a dad is moaning he is happy fine.

I wanted to send a like to your reply but for some reason my like button has disappeared but then I thought your reply and original post didn't need a like but what you really needed was a big   

which is sent to embrace you all, enjoy.

Ian 

Cwitch is Welsh for a cuddle or hug

• Hi Ian,

Thank you for your response.

How do you know so much? I know you are clever. You should be the Prime Minister.

I have seen the big green buses/lorries before. I will visit one of them and have a chat and find out what is going on in our area. This is a great help and diolch yn fawr iawn (I can’t speak Welsh, I looked it up on Google).

Mum and dad were pleased you sent your regards and they send theirs to you.

I look forward to you popping up, unexpectedly in the seat next to mine, when I visit the hairdressers, ha, ha, ha.

Thank you so much, you have been a great help.

With kindness,

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx