Head and neck cancer survivors

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 5 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi,

I was just thinking is there any of the above survivor groups near Basildon in Essex? I have lots of questions and would like to meet people that have had the same sort of experiences as me.

Have a good Christmas.

many thanks.

John

• Hi John, you could also post this in the Head and neck cancer group as these are the folks on the same journey

You could check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thank you for your reply Mike.

• FormerMember

Hi Mike,

Hope you had a good Christmas. I was thinking of posting my experience on the head and neck blog site. But thought that sometimes ignorance is bliss. Did not want people to get frightened by my bad experiences as they will need all their strength and confidence to battle this dreadful disease.

Have a good new year.

John

• Hi again John, yes we had a great time and it’s still going and I do hope you and yours had a good time..

I do understand where you are coming from, folks come to the Macmillan Online Community for lots of reasons but from what I have seen - honestly is very high up the list of what folks are looking for.

My story is rather harrowing but I get lots of comments about how it helped them understand the journey they were about to go on and that even although the journey can be hard good results can be achieved. So do post your story and encourage and support those who are looking down the tunnel of treatment.

Happy New Year to you as well.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember

Thanks Mike.