Information on coping with a loved one's post cancer treatment.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 27 subscribers

I would like some information on anyone's insight into possible side effects of post cancer medication. 

• Hi  and welcome to the Community.

Now this is a complicated question and does all depend on the type of treatment, how much treatment and what the treatment is for.

You can see some of our stories by hitting our Community names......... I am just over four years post my last treatment and it took a good 2 years for me to recover and even then - having accrued a reduced immune system because of the treatment I have had.

The past 3 winters has had me in hospital a total of 5 times (31 days) with Chest Infections, Lung Fungal Infections, the RSV Virus, Pneumonia, Septicaemia, A Fib and three months of low blood counts caused by GvHD so regular blood transfusions every second week. I had bad Peripheral Neuropathy in my hands and legs with muscle and nerve damage in my neck. Most of the pain issues have now healed up but I do need to keep some regular exercise to ensure the muscle and nerve pain are kept under control.

Give us some more details to see if we can pick up some direct reply.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge