How being in nature can help your health

• 4 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Saw this article today https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/13/two-hour-dose-nature-weekly-boosts-health-study-finds 

Anything that helps has got to be good!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I saw this too! I did some research into the health benefits of ‘forest bathing’ (walk in the woods lol) during cancer treatment 3 years ago.  I am 100% convinced of the health benefits of walking in the woods and do it as often as I can. It’s like a detox for the lungs and mind.

• I crave the peace of the outdoors and visit gardens and nature reserves whenever I can. I’m a keen photographer and one of the hardest things about post surgery was not being able to get out with my camera. Even my garden and indoor plants have been a huge source of comfort to me during this time

• I too like being outside - even in the rain ! But since  having a stroke in 2013 I  can't now walk safely without a rollator so I'm somewhat limited where/ when I go. Very frustrating.

A neighbour however brought me some lavender ( which I love) from her garden today  n gonna c if I can order a plant/ flowers with my online grocery order. Thanks for giving me some food for thought ad to how I can get access to nature indoirs.

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
  • Good luck re your test results

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.