Please can someone help me with answers???

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hello everyone I’ve had a few problems with my chest as I have copd I’ve had scans then got sent for a PET scan I’ve just got in house got letter with my results saying 

“the PET scan is negative for left upper lobe nodule, however there is a left subpectoral lymph node that is PET positive”

does this mean because it’s positive it’s cancer because that’s why I had the PET scan to see if my cancer was back please anyone can you tell me many thanks love Yvonne xxx

• Hi Yvonne  these letters are always confusing as our minds will think that ‘positive’ means Cancer.

In my case a scan did show a positive nodule in my lung but it was not, yes it took some more tests but it was a fuss about nothing.

Call your team and get some guidance as to what this is.

You could use our Macmillan Support Line Services then call them on 0808 808 00 00 to be very helpful covering Emotional Support and Practical Information. Clinical Information and Financial Support and Work Guidance mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link.

And we also have our ‘Ask an Expert’section where you can post questions to our mostly Volunteer Experts but please allow 2 working days to get a reply.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi thank you so very much for your help x