Chemo-Brain/Fog!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 27 subscribers

Hi Lovely People,

I was wondering if anybody suffered with Chemo-Brain/Fog, after treatment.  I was diagnosed in October 2016 with Breast Cancer, it was aggressive, Stage 3 and had gone into lymph nodes of left arm-pit.  Had lumpectomy, lymph node removal, 2nd op to remove more marginal tissue. I then had Chemotherapy, followed by radiotherapy and Herceptin injections and I am currently taking Tamoxifen.  Since my treatment has stopped in 2018, I have suffered on a daily basis with terrible memory loss. I forget what I am about to do. I can’t recall words when talking and it is taking me forever to put this Message together, as I go blank with what to say and have to re-type words I have known how to spell, but have started getting them wrong, or back to front. I’ve tried keeping diaries, notes etc, but forget to fill them in. Anyone got any tips on coping with this, as it is starting to get me frustrated and down.      Many thanks xxxxxxxx

• Hi , so my journey was totally different from your stretching many years and the first thing I have to say is well done in getting through your treatment and trying to get on with life.

I would say it took a good two years post my last treatment to say that my head was clear and that I was not having to work at everything I thought and said.

Keeping notes is a good way forward, I actually kept a diary through out my 20 years Cancer journey. All I can say is keep doing what you are doing. I made myself accountable to my wife, so she would check to see if my diary was being done and this determination and perseverance paid off.

((hugs)£

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge