Depression

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 27 subscribers

Hi all just needed to put down how I’m feeling,I was diagnosed with non Hodgkin lymphoma in 2015, I had chemo,went bald then had maintenance with a drug called rituximab I’m now non symptomatic so on no medication at all, so I should be happy ? Why do I feel so low and alone ? I’m thinking I need a good kick up the a***! My family have been brilliant but I don’t won’t go worry them with my thoughts,my illness started when I lost my mum,and this year I’ve lost my beloved brother , I go to the hospital every 3 months to have my bloods checked and apart from a couple of episodes of pneumonia I’ve been fine so why am I not able to feel happy and grateful? I just feel so sad and anxious all the time,sorry to bleat on but like I said I don’t want to burden my 3 grown up children with my moods they have enough to deal with in their own every day life’s, thanks for listening x

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am so sorry to see the circumstance that brought you here.

I am Mike and I help out on the Online Community including our Lymphoma Forums.

Having been on a 20 year, at times very traumatic journey with my rare type of NHL I can get some of the issues you are facing but, as you have said, you are looking for a good kick up the ****!

Over my 20 years I have indeed meet lots of folk who been through a much more traumatic journey than yourself and the main thing they say at the end is “I am alive and I am so thankful, I am making a point of living the life I have been gifted the best I can”

The post treatment part of the treatment marathon can be just as hard as the treatment it’s self. But dealing with the post life is important

Have a look at this great paper, folks will actually come back to me and say that they think that the paper had been written just about them.

It would be worth heading over to our Non-Hodgkin lymphoma forum and introduce yourself and you will get meet up with folks who have walked the walk,

The BEST WAY to get support is to go to the 'Start a Discussion' tab just under the main group name. Set up your own Discussion and Introduce yourself to the group - you could just copy an paste what you have in this first post.

It is also worth putting some information in your profile. This really helps others when answering. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

To do this click on YOUR username, look to the left and select 'Edit Profile'. Put as much or as little in your profile and you can amend it at any time - REMEMBER hit the big green SAVE before you leave the page. If you're not sure what to write you can take a look at any members profiles by clicking on their username like

Always around to listen and help out.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge