Am I going to be starting all over?

• 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

hello my lovely friends I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014 I’m happy to say I had my operation, treatment and medication and got discharged from hospital this year in February. Last year I was diagnosed with COPD 6 weeks ago I had a CAT scan on my heart and lungs and was told I had to have a PET scan I went for scan and got the shock of my life as it was at a cancer unit I go for my results on the 16th of May and now I’m thinking my cancer is back but some where else like in my lungs am I just over reacting? Do you just have a PET scan for cancer? As I never really tuck anything in when I had breast cancer I just switched off about it so I don’t understand much about cancer because I just pretended it was not real? I’m not intelligent I’m just worried my cancer is back and I have to start all over again love Yvonne xx

• Hello , sorry no one has replied to you. You will have had your results by now. I do hope you had good news and it was not what you feared. Do let us know, xx

Onwards and flatwards (don't do hills) and keep walking if you can!

• Hi Yvonne17,

I've just seen your post. I'm sorry no one replied earlier. You'll have had your PET scan results by now n I hope u had good news. I've only ever had CT and MRI scans so not sure re use of  PET scans. Here's a link from the main site  with more info :://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/diagnosing/how-cancers-are-diagnosed/tests-and-scans/pet-scan.html

The worst thing is the waiting n the unknown. I've been living with cancer for 14 years, so I speak from experience!

If it is cancer, u can get support from the online community here n also on the phone from the Macmillan team :

0808 808 0000 7 days/week, 8am to 8pm.

Best wishes

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.