"...I was winded by the realisation could've died. Equally, I realised that now I had to live." - David's story

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 0 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi all,

I wanted to pop in and post in the Life after cancer group this evening, as I think members of the group might be interested in a recent Community News piece shared with the site. The piece covers David's journey back to 'normality' following his recovery:

Last month, Community News shared My cancer, my sexuality, me. – a piece written by a gent named David, which spoke about his diagnosis and its relation to his sexuality. David’s story made for an extremely honest and heartfelt read, so I thought I’d ask him to contribute another piece this month. 

Fortunately, David recently underwent chemotherapy treatment which proved to be successful. His below piece covers difficulties and mixed feelings David felt following this news. 

You can find the piece here, and if  you’ve felt similar to David either post-treatment or when recovering from cancer, go ahead and share your thoughts in the comments section.

Jimmy,

Community Team