Suspected chest cancer just before top surgery

• 6 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Looking for any support or advice from a fellow FtM who at the point of being offered top surgery is now waiting to be investigated about a lump and dimple for suspected cancer.

So many unknowns and possibilities.  My emotions are all over the place and my gender dysphoria is through the roof!

Any one else been there please?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you're currently being investigated for suspected cancer and know what an anxious time this can be.

As you know, the online community is divided up into different support groups and it may help you to join a group for the type of cancer that is suspected. That way you can chat to others in a similar position, or who have been through what you're going through now. 

If you're comfortable telling me what you are being investigated for I can give you a direct link to that group. Alternatively, you could look through this list and join the appropriate one.

I'll be keeping everything crossed that you don't get a cancer diagnosis.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi

Thanks for the welcome.

I am being investigated for breast cancer as a transman which was discovered during my work up for top surgery.  I have joined the LGBTQ group.  Is there a Breast Cancer group for transgender people?

An ordinary breast cancer group would not be appropriate due to the unlikelihood of finding a kindred soul and the dysphoria that would be engendered by reading and engaging with cis women's experiences when our goals are so totally different.  They most likely want to keep their breasts whereas I have been trying for 5 years to get rid of mine!

• Hi 

I'm sorry to read that you're being investigated for breast cancer. I myself am currently going through chemotherapy for breast cancer after a lump was picked up in a routine mammogram.

There isn't a breast cancer group specifically for transgender people but I'm sure you'd find the group full of people who would be happy to share their experiences with you and support you as much as they can.

The group includes men, as well as women, and you might be surprised just how many of the women want to have a double mastectomy. Okay, it isn't for the same reason as you but they want their breasts removed because they see that as the best way to reduce the risk of the cancer coming back.

If you decide you'd like to join just click on this link which will take you over there.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• This is an old post but in the same boat. Kinda. Unsure what I want to do.

• Hi all you lovelies, I am hoping you are all doing ok. Life really isn't ever simple, but we just have to be true to ourselves and do the best we can.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week and whilst a shock, I feel that it may be a way to support my georgous daughter who is transgender and have a bit more understanding of all that she will need to go through to become the woman she wants to be...I'm so proud of her and her strength. 

Its wonderful to see how many people are out there supporting each other....I have only just joined a few of these groups, but each one is just full of help, guidance, love and support...thank you xxx

• Hi all you lovelies, I am hoping you are all doing ok. Life really isn't ever simple, but we just have to be true to ourselves and do the best we can.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last week and whilst a shock, I feel that it may be a way to support my georgous daughter who is transgender and have a bit more understanding of all that she will need to go through to become the woman she wants to be...I'm so proud of her and her strength. 

Its wonderful to see how many people are out there supporting each other....I have only just joined a few of these groups, but each one is just full of help, guidance, love and support...thank you xxx