Helloooooo .......

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hi. I wonder if there are any other gay women experiencing gynaecological cancers? I am one week post op for womb cancer. There doesn’t appear to be any LGBT specific support or forums elsewhere. It would be nice to not feel so isolated. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read how isolated you feel. I think having any type of cancer diagnosis can make you feel like that but the online community is full of people who know how you feel.

I can see that you've joined the womb cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support when you feel ready to post.

Other than this Macmillan community I'm not aware of any other LGBT specific cancer forums but you could give the Macmillan Support Line a call on 0808 808 0000 and ask if they are aware of any. It's free to call and available every day from 8am to 8pm.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi there.  Many thanks for reaching out.  I have updated my profile, albeit brief and somewhat concise.  :)

• Hi how are you ! 
    I feel the same . 
    not enough support groups for lGBTQ community