Stoma parastomal hernia and pain

• 3 replies
  • 30 subscribers

Hi 

I’ve not posted here before

i I have ovarian cancer aggressive stage 4 had debulking surgery which I ended up with an ileostomy just over 2 years ago, never really had a problem with any food never ate sweet corn, I’ve had a parastomal hernia for over a year and 2 incisional hernias 

im getting ct scan results on Monday as I think the cancer which was stable in Oct has reared its ugly head

since about Nov I’ve had abdominal pain and pains at the back of my stoma this last few weeks have been worse and the last couple of days I’ve been near to tears with the burning stabbing sensation 

anybody have any idea what this could be

tia Pam

• Hi  and welcome to the group.

I’m sorry to read about the ongoing issues you’re having, and the pain. I have 2 stomas due to having had a total pelvic exenteration, but am fortunate not to have experienced parastomal hernias. It must be very difficult to live with these. 

I don’t think any of us as patients in the group would be able to guess at the reasons for your pain, but I hope your scan results today can give you some answers and a way forward. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Thanks for your reply 

I saw dr in clinic scan results weren’t back but with urine test bloods examination and symptoms were quite sure it recurrence so have to wait for ct sca n results to see where we go from here, more chemo but need to work out what drug mix I’m going to get 

life is rubbish at the moment but I fight on 

take care Pam

• Hi Pam

I’m really sorry to read this. I remember how I felt when I had my recurrence and it was a worse feeling than being diagnosed originally. 

I hope you get some more news on the treatment you can have soon and that it helps. Indeed life can be rubbish at times, but we keep going.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm