Stoma reversal and parstomal repair

• 45 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi 

i was given a loop colostomy in Dec 21, after finding out I was advanced stage 4  N1 Anal cancer, iv had no problems with my stoma  infact it’s actually really help as for many years iv suffered with my bowels  always constipated, I do still get like this but just seems to be much easier to deal with having my stoma, I now  have a parastomal hernia which a hate, iv had to change the way I dress, and I have melt downs when going to an occasion as I feel I look horrible in everything I try on it really gets me down, anyway my question is, after have the reversal what should i expect as my colorectal surgeon said I would be going to the toilet 5 to 10 times a day I could leak poo, I don’t want any of that, does it get better or will I have to live like that, I’m going in for a sigmoid scope I think to check if all is ok down there I’m in remission no signs of  tumour but I suppose they need to check to see if there is that chance of leaking just want to talk to someone that has gone through both  reversal and hernia repair, I know everyone is different and we all heal differently but want to know what could possibly happen any advice welcome and thanks for reading 

Laura x x