Unused stoma supplies

• 5 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Just thought I’d pop up this link to a charity that takes unused stoma supplies

www.colostomyuk.org/.../

• All I would like to add is.please do use this charity if you have unused/unwanted supplies.they are great and send a lovely letter/email in thanks outlining what they do and where the supplies are sent.

You can send up to 2 kilos by 2cnd class post by royal mail for £3.49.a bargain I always think.

Kath

• Hi 

I sent mine too. I printed my labels off and took them to a shop for a delivery company. 
    I had a lovely thank you letter too and it made me realise how fortunate we are here.
    Imagine having no products 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi Ann

I was in a stoma group for a while after surgery (not now) and the stories were heartbreaking in some other countries. People taping plastic bags to themselves, and even a tin can I remember. People used to beg people in the UK to send supplies-they were washing out any bags if they had them and trying to re use them multiple times. Jacob’s Well does tremendous work in getting supplies abroad.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Aw I just wanted to add some more info 

Jacobs Wells will take cut pouches.
    I didn’t know that so sadly I threw about ten old ones away last year after my reversal

I still feel bad about that

Now I’m just back from using my case from last year and found a box of ten prepared pouches. I will send those off too 

Ann
     ‍Art

• They take complete bags of wipes and disposal bags too

Kath