Thanks for all the information

• 26 replies
  • 31 subscribers

I just had my Reversal 3 weeks ago. I also had very low rectal cancer and ended up having my entire rectum removed. I am now struggling with days where I am going to the bathroom about every 20 minutes But it is only a small amount. Then there are times where I do go at all for several days. I also get the burning sensation in my bum.  The Calmoseptine lotion helps but does not take it all away.  Sometimes it can just about drive me crazy.  my Dr has put me on stool softeners to try to regulate me but it does not seem to be working yet.  I am hoping that my colon will stretch and create a new holding area but I assume that will take a long time.  I start back at work after next week and am a bit worried if I have to use the restroom every 20 minutes. Luckily I work from home most of the time. I will check with my Dr about the Lopermide once a day to see if that is a possible solution.  I keep having a bad feeling that I am going to be stuck and have to go to a permanent Colostomy bag but will keep trying here for a while.

Thanks all,

Jdr7665

• Thank you for your prayers jdr7665. They really do make a difference. When I was stuck in A&E with my bowel on strike, they started to move as a few friends gathered to pray. It’s a real team effort: doctors & nurses, family, friends. 

Every blessing
    Wellspring
  • Hi Jdr7665

How are managing now ? 
    Im hoping your BMs are settling down 

Ann
     ‍Art

• I am still struggling a bit.  I quit the stool softeners and that helped.  I now seem to go 3 or 4 days without and substantial movements and then have some relief.  Right now I have gone about 4 days without much and my stomach is starting to hurt a bit and I get a very bad itching sensation.  I am hoping that is a movement coming.

thanks,

jdr7665

• Bless you. 
    I was the complete opposite for a while and found I could change the consistency with diet.

Its interesting how differently we all react to a reversal 

Hope you find the right thing to help.

Prune juice always did it for me 

Take care 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Thanks, I will try the prune juice.

• It’s got to be the real thing. Concentrate is not so good .If no go try prunes. X

My niece has problems and sugar free polo mints work for her. It’s finding the right tool for the job ! 
    Grin

Ann
     ‍Art