Blocking after reversal

• 0 replies
  • 29 subscribers

After having a reversal two months ago my diet has been turning less beige and a little more colourful 

Last night after dinner I felt uncomfortable high in my abdomen. I hoped to get some sleep but the pain increased and my tummy was really swollen and hard very tender to touch 

Thats when I should have gone to A&E because once the vomiting started it carried on all night with me in terrible pain between bathroom visits I stayed there. By four o’clock I was soaked with sweat and my poor hubby was beside himself wanting me to get in the car. I couldn’t move and an ambulance was not going to get us there anytime soon. 
To be blunt please don’t do what I did. Vomiting violently with no bowel movement spells blocking. I left it too long 

I phoned my nurses and left a message they returned the call and arranged for me to go in but with no bed they were taking me in surgical emergency! Bless them. They’re arranged for them to know my back story 
Long story short I stayed in over night my bowel started working only a little amount and I’m now home with instructions to go back in if I feel it starting again. 
To say I’m anxious about eating is an understatement. 
Fingers crossed the blockage has gone if not I’ll be back in.
They didn’t give me a CT scan as my bowel showed action in our bouncy car on the journey down  

My hospital were amazing how they squeezed me in and monitored me. The colorectal nurses popped over and reassured me that I’d done the right thing followed by my consultant. They’re so caring working under such pressure of lack of staff funds and beds  

Hope this helps future reversed members just put it on the back burner  

Just in case you think you may be blocking