Nephrectomy

• 1 reply
  • 20 subscribers

Soon to have kidney removed ureter cancer. Foley catheter not for mr hoping to replace with supropubic catheter.Can this be done with one kidney?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with your question but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' your post back to the top of the discussion list where it'll be more easily seen.

I searched the online community to see if anyone has mentioned having a supropubic catheter but drew a blank I'm afraid. Of course this doesn't mean that no one else has one, it could just be that they haven't posted about it.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join and post in the kidney cancer group as you might find people there who can help with your question. Also your hospital team should be able to tell you if what you want doing is possible. Do you have the details of your CNS or key worker?

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"