Sore bum

• 5 replies
  • 20 subscribers

Hi all,

I have had  my colostomy and urostomy for about 5/6 years.

However, my bum is red and sore, like a baby's bottom. And I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if, how did you get better?

Sending you all love and good vibes 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

• Hi . You could try using a nappy rash cream? Are you on antibiotics at all? I was taking some once for an infected toe (pre cancer days) and got a bright red ring around my bottom which the doctor said was anal thrush caused by the antibiotics and advised me to use canestan cream which cleared it up.

Hope you’re doing well - missing Ian on here

Take care

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you for getting back to me and for your reply.

The "rash" has gone, thankfully. I have a vaginal fistula which leaks and causes infections and rashes.

I used E45 cream and a medicated talc and it cleared it up.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi Karen,

Sorry to bother you but I forgot to ask, where is Ian these days? He usually has something to say and dispense advice. And I saw your comment (below) saying about missing him. Please let me know

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi Lisa.

I don’t know. Court (on the other board) said one of the moderators had tried to get in touch but not had a response?

He was so knowledgeable and if I try and search for previous posts it seems to bring up things from 6 and 7 years ago! Miss his expertise Frowning2

Karen x

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm
  • Hi Karen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I hope Ian is okay. He knows so much.

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx