There's hope after all

• 5 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I just wanted to let people know that my wife was given the all clear from the surgeon re her bowel, lung and liver cancers last Wednesday. As posters on here know, my wife has had a particularly difficult journey and both of us feared the worse. Like everyone else suffering from this horrible disease we had days when we thought that she shouldn't have went through with the long operations, the chemo or the radiotherapy as it really hit her hard however, thank God that she did. I fully appreciate that everyone has a different cancer experience and that not all people will get the all clear however, I hope my wife's good news can give people, who perhaps are feeling desperate or are in despair, some encouragement in their fight. I also know that her battle isn't completely over and that she will need to be scanned in 6 months time to see if she's still clear however, she has ben given an opportunity that both of us didn't honestly think she would get. 

Take Care

Mr Mac

• Congratulations.

Its lovely to hear some good news

I was told that I had to wait for 5yrs after finishing treatment before they would say I was clear.Im at 3 yrs so only 2 to goFingers crossedFingers crossedFingers crossedFingers crossed

kath

• Same for me Kath. I’ve had “no evidence of disease” twice now, but my consultant/surgeon will never use the words all clear. I am now pushed back the way in the 5 year wait since my recurrence, so 2.5 years to go! 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Sarah. Sorry, I might have jumped the gun there. The surgeon said that the scans were clear with no sign of cancer so I just took it that my wife was cancer free. I know that there's still a long way to go and that it could come back at anytime but it's still a lot better that where we where though.

Take care

• It’s excellent news for your wife Mr Mac! I understand you have been through some very difficult times so this is a very good result for your wife. Different consultants have different ways of saying things I suppose, and clear scans are absolutely the best result to get after all she has been through. It will definitely give a lot of hope to others in the group, and I hope very much that she continues to do very well. All the best.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• It's great to know things can get better when all hope seems lost. My husband is struggling at the moment and your news does really help. Best wishes to you and your wife.