My First Session of Intravenous Chemo.

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Thursday saw my first Chemo session take place.
I thought I was doing well with no adverse effects so far.
My pump was removed yesterday thank the lord but I noticed very hard and large stools basically staying at the top of my Stoma bag rather than dropping into the bag.
I have had to change my bag three times since getting up this morning.
I also notice much more waste matter in the mucous from my anus.
Some is normal I am told after a Loop Colostomy but the amount is rather worrying to say the least.
A phone call tomorrow  to Worc's Stoma support is a high probability.
I missed my meal last night but I had one Weetabix and a glass of Orange Juice this morning.
So fingers crossed it might settle down a bit today.

Chromeplated 

• Hello Chromeplated, don't worry about the frequence of changing the bag. After each chemo session, I had surprises . The worst one for me was uncontrolable diarrhea. I had to take loperamide for a long time , o dr' s advice.Another time  I  had a blockage in my colon on the right side, confirmed by an Xray.Despite the diarrhea in the bag , I had to take  laxido...to deconstipate the blockage.Hopefully you may not have all those issues, i too have a loop  colostomy. I was also told the mucus at the other end is normal. Unfortunately chemo brings a lot of difficult side effects. But don't give up , it's worth it in the end.Good luck! Bri

• Hi Chromplated 

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems. You’ve been through the mill. I can’t really give advice as you know I’m an ileostomy so we are very different outputs. But I wanted to wish you well and hope your treatment goes well

i am able to use baby oil in my pouches for a quick evacuation but I’m not sure that’s any help to you  if you’ve got a one use type 

Ann
     ‍Art