Stoma Reversal

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

I know this maybe contradicts the purpose of the board but people often post on here regarding reversals so hope nobody minds me popping it back up? It’s a post that was written a few years ago by the Community Champion but is still very relevant

community.macmillan.org.uk/.../part-2---the-faqs-of-having-a-stoma-reversal

• Hi Karen62

Thank you for the information, it’s answered some questions that I had thought about. I have a way to go yet but I’ve bookmarked it to allow me easy access

Many thanks

Ann

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi Karen062,

Great post to put up again from the Master! When I first had my ileostomy and found this forum The BODACH was so helpful. A font of all knowledge from how to deal with the stoma to where to obtain anything, which products to use and even how to get your GP to help more. He had years of experience which he was happy to pass on. I was very sorry when he went.

Thank you for all the work you do.

Cheers, John

• I had my reversal 6months ago,Slight hitch in the procedure but all's well now.Life is now better than ever .Still a few problems with what I eat Mornings are the worst for me  I get up to down the stairs kettle on everything sorted .Then I feel in my body and I have to go.  Lying in bed with no movement Its the right left,right left movement..Its all do with the timing and how much Bowel removed .

Sometimes you have to think out side your body .The garden hose is shorter so the water comes out quicker than the average one.

It's amazing what your body has gone through to get this far .Lifesaving do not forget it ,take care of yourself now and stay healthy.

• That’s extremely helpful thanks !