So encouraged

• 33 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Im so thankfull to have found this group. (New member)

Also to see you here, thehighlander!

My faith is what's stopping me from sinking, so encouraging to find this place.

God bless 

• Hi Julie , so good to hear from you.

When it comes to HL and NHL (that I have) The Deauville 5-point scoring system is internationally accepted for scoring progress on a PET scan

Score 1: No uptake above the background

Score 2: Uptake ≤ mediastinum

Score 3: Uptake > mediastinum but ≤ liver

Score 4: Uptake moderately increased compared to the liver at any site

Score 5: Uptake markedly increased compared to the liver at any site

Score X: New areas of uptake unlikely to be related to lymphoma

So your score of 1 and 2 are considered to be negative and 4 and 5 are considered to be positive. "Score 3 should be interpreted according to the clinical context but in many Hodgkin Lymphoma patients indicates a good prognosis with standard treatment."

....... so you are almost there and as I said before, it’s just like a course of antibiotics..... it needs the complete course to clear this up ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike.

Thanks for explaining that a bit. Tge doctor was so busy I couldn't see her to get my results so one of the nurses told me,,but I'd have liked to have spoken to her to explain it all a bit to me.

But still happy cause the nurse did tell me that was good and the chemo  should "mop up what's left" 

God bless x

• So good to hear that results are  positive. This journey we are all on has its ups and downs twists and turns. Thanking Jesus that he knows everything about us and will provide all we need. Knowing that you are firmly in his hand Julie

Bless you xx Hearts️

• Been a bit quiet lately. 

Just been trying to focus on finishing treatment .  I discovered my scan results were 2 and 3....not the originally told, 1 and 2...and just made it to the 3 cut off...  really was disappointing and was upset that could be given the wrong results so easily???

Anyway last chemo finished Tuesday.

Please pray with me for final results. I go in 2 weeks for scan. 

God bless all x

• PrayPrayPray

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Standing with you in prayer Heart️Pray

• Hi,

I just wanted to say how pleased I am to find this section of the forum and I've just learnt something new, I didn't know Douglas Macillan was a Christian - cool Slight smile

• Hi  and welcome to our quite at times, but very supportive corner of the Community and yes, very interesting looking at where Macmillan has come from.

Up in Inverness where we stay we are just in the process of putting in a fire break into our Church in person Sunday service and our Coffee Shop as we have so many staff and people who are self isolating being contacts of contacts Pray

Online service on Sunday then Thumbsup

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge