Cervical cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi 

I feel so guilty writing on here as I'm not the poorly one my sister has been diagnosed with cervical cancer. It has not been staged yet as the hospital need to do a more in depth look as when she was first scanned and biopsy taking the hospital packed her cervix so the results have not shown if the cancer has spread. The tests they are going ti do undrr general anisthetic will show if its spread and if lymph are effected.However the doctor has said he dsnt think they will do surgery. And that he thinks it will be chemo and radio. I know we do not have the full extent of how bad it is but as soon as he said then words sorry you have cervical cancer. I feel like my world has came crashing down I feel so bad about this as it's my sister that has been diagnosed.she

Seems to be getting on with things I think news has not hit yet or she is being brave. Or maybe I'm being stupid at the fact I'm not eating sleeping and I'm feeling angry anxious suffering with panic attacks feeling guilty that I have to go to work and basically getting on with life. 

I' so sorry if this is the wrong place to write this. It' like I'm wanting answers or something to take this pain away how can I even say pain with what she is going through. I would rather take her place and go through it.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

When you care about someone and hear they are unwell it is only natural to be upset. You then need to multiply this when it’s someone very close and when the ill health is serious. 

Everyone goes through the journey. Of course you aren’t going to be the one who can’t go to the loo or is feeling too weak to make a cuppa but you are still affected. 

Your feelings are perfectly understandable and just speak to how much iou care. You will be able to do so much to help her. Making food, cleaning her house and other practical stuff can be an asset aswell as being there for her emotionally, even if she chooses to go through it by pretending it’s not s problem. 

Take it a day at a time. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thankyou so much for the reply and I have took your kind words. Love to you 

• Aww bless u it’s so hard i have just been told yesterday I have cervical cancer and I don’t no how bad it is yet they have said it will be chemo no radio for me as well  people deal with it in there own way I have just carried on as normal to me nothing has changed I am still me and we will deal with what ever comes your sister is being so brave and so are u hope all goes well for her xx

• My sister was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer and when we was sat in that room hearing thise words cancer our hearts broke but my sister was in her own little word thinking it was all a dreamSleepy they then found a tumour and she went through a 6 week treatment everyday of radiotherapy everyday and chemo once a week.. they then gave her a 6 week break.. she went for scans this month and her Sleepysults were in on the 11th nov... my sister give me a call to say it's not good news sis Sleepy they giving her 12 to 18 months to live ... my world my sister ... it spread to her lymph nodes and other areas... heartbreaking xxx