Tv, movies, shows

• 20 replies
  • 8 subscribers

Hello I thought it would be good to have a place to talk about travel, music, favourite films, Whats On, recipes, gardening, pets etc, for an uplifting way to support and keep each other company.

We could start by posting about what people are watching on TV at the moment - is anyone watching Traitors? How are you finding it? What's popular in the film and theatre line up? Have you seen any good movies lately? Looking forward to hearing your views!

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

Perhaps you could start by sharing what brings you to the community, as you haven't completed your profile yet.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hello

Thank you for the welcome. I'm currently supporting my partner who has a cancer diagnosis. I find distractions for both of us provide a break from worry and upset, sometimes you just need a break. Looking forward to chatting x 

• I love Traitors. It’s a great distraction and fascinating to watch. Just waiting on the coming on now. I think Harry might get found out but then again Molly has so much trust in him. Andrew will need to watch out - Harry will be after him next! 

• Sorry to read about your partner, and you're right that whether you have cancer or are caring for someone who has cancer, it's important to have a distraction that can take you away form the cancer world. I've been researching my family tree for a while now and find hours can go by when I don't think about my diagnoses because I'm too busy tracking down an elusive ancestor Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi Holly

I have just finished watching Season 5 of The Rookies. I love that show. Can't wait for season 6. All that unbelievable action and everyone normally comes out unscathed, that's great. The more far fetched the better as far as I am concerned. We couldn't do what they do in real life without breaking every bone in our body.

Currently the other distraction I have at the moment is making a Japanese Zen garden in a very neglected part of our garden. I love getting out there and pottering around. I get so caught up in it. I live in Australia so we are currently in Summer so  I am getting out in the garden early before it gets too hot.It's so peaceful at that time of day.

Lyn

Sophie66

• I watched half the first series and we sort of lost interest.  I've heard the second series is better, so we'll have a binge watch soon.

I'll explore the chats more fully as I'm struggling with it on my phone. I put in a request for a general discussion group, for travel, tips on diet, general support, TV, etc. Not sure if this one is the same chat! Doesn't matter either way. It's nice to meet you virtually Slight smile

• Great to hear about the family tree, my sister is into it too. Fascinating who we have been related to way back! I'm studying and always doing courses and flat out at work, still plenty of time in winter as tend not to go out much. 

• I'll have to check that out! The garden sounds wonderful! I did a 3 week tour of Australia many years ago with friends. Sydney, Cairns, white water rafting and barrier reef, and climbed what was known as Ayers Rock then. I remember it all vividly as it was such an amazing experience. BBQ in the outback, 3 sisters cable car. Can't stand heights now, the thought of it! Keep holding on to these fab memories Slight smile

• There is a general cancer chat forum already  . Clicking on my link will take you to it. It is set up for the sort of thing that I think you want, ie. for general conversations and to discuss anything and everything. 

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Holly

The holiday sounds great you certainly got around. That was a lot of miles you covered. My family migrated to Australia when I was 10 and it has taken me a few years to see all that you have seen. My daughter climbed Ayers Rock (Uluru as it is now called. They are changing lots of the landmarks with Aboriginal names now)  but I can't stand heights like you so I walked around the base instead. We had a 4 week holiday in England about 6 years ago and we covered a lot of territory in that time too. Funny when you live somewhere you don't see half as much as when you are on holiday.

Lots of great memories as you say.

Lyn

Sophie66