My summer garden

• 7 replies
  • 6 subscribers

n

• Beautiful- thank you for sharing

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hi Lizzy

Such beautiful pictures. I live in Australia and we are in Spring at the moment. Such a lovely time of year. All the blossoms are out and the bulbs are in full bloom. I love it. It makes me think of new beginnings and new chances. We have an open gardens festival here in Spring and yesterday we visited the most beautiful garden in the nearby hills. The weather was awesome and just sitting in the garden and taking it all in was such a great experience. I have had 3 large ops due to jaw cancer and have a different view on life now. Just sitting in the garden makes me happy.I enjoy the small things and the garden is one of those. I love pottering around but am not up to the big jobs now. A beautiful garden is so therapeutic.

Lyn

Sophie66

• Wow, you really have been through it and your courage and resilience is amazing. People say to me I;m strong but what else can you be when faced with the trauma life throws at you sometimes.

A day after my breast cancer surgery we got a call to say my 26 year old son was is hospital, Actually he was admitted to critical care with  acute pancreatitus, sepsis and organ failure and had to be put in an induced coma, he had a 1 in 3 chance of survival.  17 weeks in now, he is still in hospital but alive and kind of stable. we are unsure of the damage and how his organs will work going forward, its very hard just to get to talk to his consultant as to a way forward for him.

I'm going in for my 3rd chemo of 8 tomorrow, its been the worse thing i have ever experienced, but reading what you have gone through puts me to shame.

Like you my garden is my sancturay, I'm lucky to live in the kent countryside so can just walk out my garden to enjoy it.

Contine enjoying your garden and life and I wish you all the best.

Liz

• Hi Lizzy

It is so nice to chat with you. Thank you for your kind words but you are right, there is nothing you can do but move forward when life throws you challenges. I am so sorry to hear about your son. I do hope he starts to recover soon. It must be a really worrying time for you. You never expect that your healthy adult children will have something like this happen to them.

I have 3 adult daughters and I know that I get concerned for them when things are not going so well in their lives. You never stop being a mother so I can only imagine the worry you are going through at the moment. I am glad that your garden and the beautiful country in Kent is so therapeutic for you.

I did not have chemo only radiotherapy but I know that the chemo can be as hard on the body as radiotherapy is.Same as you it was the worst experience I had ever had. It really takes its toll on your body.  All you can do is take it one day at a time although that is not easy. This time next year you will be looking back on it as a bad dream while you are sitting in your lovely garden drinking a wine.

I am going to take a picture of my beatiful weeping cherry tree tomorrow and will try and upload it on the forum so you can see it. The lavender is blooming and my iris plants are about to bloom so I am looking forward to that.

Sending you positive thoughts

Lyn

Sophie66

•  Hi Lizzy. This is a picture of my weeping cherry tree as mentioned yesterday.

I am also posting a photo of the centre pieces that I just made for my 70th. birthday party. I am having a 70's theme as that was a great time for me when I was in my early 20's. I met my husband in the 70's and we have now been married 46 years. We are all going to dress up in 70's dress so I have my Kaftan ready to go. Also going to have all 70's food. There will be a fondue, devils on horseback, jellied beetroot, cheese, pineapple and sausage on toothpicks stuck in an orange to name a few. I am having a Blackforest birthday cake. Wont be able to eat most of the food but I will definitely be able to manage the birthday cake as long as I mush it down with some yogurt or custard. My son in law is going to be the DJ and is organising lots of 70's music. It should be great fun. All the family are coming including my 5 grandkids so there will be a few games to keep them happy. I am so happy to make 70 so I thought why not celebrate it with a fun party.

Lyn

Sophie66

• What a great way to celebrate your 70th Birthday with everyone you love, we did a surprise 80th Birthday party for my Mum last year and did like a high tea with sandwiches and scones/cream/jam it was lovely.

I love the weeping cherry tree, spring is my favourite time of the year and what lovely table decorations.  Me/Mum/my daughter Alisha and Son Conner at her surprise party

Liz

• What a lovely way to celebrate your mum's birthday. It sounds like great fun. We had a visit to the U.K. a few years ago and I wanted to experience a high tea at the Ritz, but unfortunately much too pricey. However I did get my wish when we visited Brisbane and had a high tea there. It was yummy. What a lovely family gathering for your mum's celebration, everyone looks so happy.

Lyn

Sophie66