A new purpose.

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Since my diagnosis of Stage 4 Prostate Cancer with Mets to my spine and other bones, I've found a new purpose in my life, I am heavily involved with my partners therapy centre, The Country Corner, I'm venturing into training the quarter horse foals we have as well as being put in charge of site maintenance of the 14 acre site. Ironically it almost feels like a re birth if that makes any sense.

• Hi Nige65 that is fantastic news and always good to hear good news stories so thank you for sharing this with us all and enjoy those new adventures.

Sending very best wishes. 

gail

Community Champion Badge

• It makes complete sense, it redefines what's important. The things one worries about or occupy ourselves with is just the mundane distraction or things beyond our control. My son is at risk of SUDEP in Epilepsy, I was told that after he nearly drowned. Then see you in a year for a follow up. Me - I don't think so. He seizures got worse this year, I had to ask for a second opinion to get him the help he needed. 

My go to is dancing. Covers a few bases; exercise, community, hobby and friends. It's so physical it wears me out sometime, I fall asleep in the sofa. Haven't been sleeping so well with hormone blockers, dam them but at least they are good for preventing recurrence. 

• The things one used to worry about I meant. Sometimes only see mistakes after I've pressed the button.