Creative Forum

• 11 replies
  • 10 subscribers

Hi folks

I love this forum, how have I only just found you?

I'm having chemo at the moment so energy is few and far between but I love crafting and it really helps me. When I push myself to paint or whatever even for a short while I feel so much better and happy.

We should all encourage ourselves and each other to pick up our brushes, pens, knitting needles, glue guns or whatever tool we need to be creative.

Happy crafting and kind regards.

Carolyn x

• Totally agree, it always makes me feel better.Grin

• Yes ! I have been trying to get back into drawing and painting but am struggling. What crafting do you do?

• Hi Eddieo

I used to draw endlessly, then went on to study it. Worked in a school then when I retired I took up watercolour. It’s a wonderful time filler and you can get some brilliant accidents. The great thing with it there’s so little waste and mess to clean. Just water paints and some good paper so easy to start but extremely challenging to master. 
    Enjoy

Ann
     ‍Art

• I use soil and plants to create patterns, irregularities and food!   I have no rules for my lovely flower garden especially and they all fall, wave and flop around at their own discretion.  My alottment is my "go to " place, peace and quiet but with others to share tea and cake if wanted. X

• That sounds perfect 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi ,

I love crafting too.

My penchant is crochet. I can make jumpers, vest, scarves and shawls. Plus I love reading.

I hope you are doing okay and I hope everything is okay with you too.

Lisa xxx

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi Lisa

All good here thanks. Crafting is definitely helping through as I've no energy to do much else at the moment.

Hope you're doing OK, good luck moving forward.

Carolyn x

• Hi ,

Thank you for your lovely reply and it’s great to hear from you and I hope you are doing okay.

I am so glad you are enjoying crafting and it is good because you have something else to think about.

I love crocheting but I haven’t done much for a while. Sadly my mum passed away early March. Dad and I are okay now. Plus I have a cavachon puppy. His name is Fernando (as in the ABBA song and he seven months old. Fernando is lovely and has been a great help with dad and I over the last few months.

I also like writing short stories too. I don’t know if I am good at it but I enjoy it.

I have added a link below. It has photographs of Fernando on a subject I put on the life after cancer forum.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

community.macmillan.org.uk/.../1747795

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a rough time. Maybe it's time to get your wool out again, you could make something for your adorable puppy. He's so cute.

I hope life improves very soon - for us both.

Xxx

• Hi ,

Thank you for your reply and your kindness. I hope you are doing okay l.

I will get out my crochet and make something. 

I am glad you like Fernando, he is lovely and is a fantastic help.

Here is a photograph of Fernando, he always ends up wearing my underwear when I am putting away my washing, ha, ha, ha.

Sending you love and good vibes,

Lisa xxxxxxxxxx 

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx