Just got my diagnosis

• 1 reply
  • 16 subscribers

I like many others received my cancer diagnosis yesterday , stage 2 breast cancer,  they have already given me an operation date and told me they will be removing the lump, tissue and lymph nodes. 

I'm 50 and my life is already shite , my quality of life is poor , when I describe what I'm already going through I sound like a 80 year old .

I dont want this operation Tired face  I feel it will only make my life worse than what it currently is , I'm already limited to what I can or can't do and have spent the morning crying , even making my partner cry , she's trying to be as supportive as she can be but obviously she isn't going thru this but does understand where I'm coming from z she agrees that I won't be able to cope after the op .

I have a knee replacement some years ago which sank me into depression , I never really recovered from that,  and I know this op will set me deeper into depression,  I'm already thinking about ending my life , I just don't wnat to be in it .

I have no family or friends in which to talk to .

• Hi  and I see it’s your first post so welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to hear about your BC diagnosis.

A cancer diagnosis can be very challenging and put this together with other health issues is just hard work.

I have been on my journey with an incurable blood cancer for over 22 years now but have been able to develop the ability to not let my cancer define me but rather me define the best life I can live within the challenge that come along along with the other health issues I have over these 66 years.

You may find talking with others who are walking the same type of cancer journey will help you navigate this difficult time.

The Community has many cancer specific support groups so can I recommend you join our supportive Breast cancer group as this will be a good place to connect with folks on the same cancer treatment pathway.

To join a group just click on the link above then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘New Thread’ or hit the box with the X on the top right (phones), you could just copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'. 

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

To find information covering diagnosis, treatments and pages covering most types of cancers check our Online Information and Support Section

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge