feeling lonely

• 4 replies
  • 18 subscribers

hi everyone,

I got diagnosed with grade one endometrial cancer in march 2021 it was caught in the very very early stages and is now gone and i am so lucky but for them to get rid of the cancer i have had to have a full hysterectomy and for this me means no more children. I have one child and i know i should be grateful and i am but i cant help the emotions i am dealing with and i am trying to cope day to day. Part of me feels a fraud as i only had cancer for what feels 5 minutes and it has made my head spin.

My husband has been brilliant and 100% there for me, but thats it none of my friends have been near or anything so i feel so alone. on top of dealing with cancer my husband had to have open heart surgery and this put us under massive pressure as we both had our surgeries in the same week. as far as treatment goes thats it cancer wise just got to sort out HRT due to me starting menopause so early.

I dont know what to expect or get from writing this but it would be nice to talk to people who understand.

If you have read this I thank you xx

• Hi Hollland19,I’m sorry you are feeling lonely.I had bladder cancer but had a hysterectomy along with bladder removal.I was already too old to have children but I’ve felt emotional and lonely since cancer.You mustn’t feel a fraud,you have had cancer and that is a big thing to go through.I hope your husband is recovering from his heart surgery ? That must have been so difficult both facing operations at the same time.I joined the Macmillan community when I was diagnosed in July 2019 and have found it tremendously helpful.I hope you find some friendship and support here.Love and best wishes Jane

• Hi  and a second welcome to the Online Community but sorry that you had to find us and especially sorry to hear about how you are feeling post treatments.

A cancer diagnosis can be very challenging but you have need a goid step in joining the community and putting up you post.

Could I suggest a few other places to talk with others who have walked the cancer journey as this will help you navigate this difficult time.

I recommend you join our supportive Womb (uterus) cancer and Life after cancer groups as these will also be good places to connect with others on the same pathway.

To join a group just click on the link above then choose 'click to join' or 'join' (depending on the device you're using) on the page that opens.

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘New Thread’ or hit the box with the X on the top right (phones), you could just copy and paste the text from this your first post. You can also join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'. 

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available.

This service provides lots of cancer information, support, financial guidance or just a listening ear.

We also have Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

All the very best ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Jane for your kind words, my husband is on the mend but will be a couple more months before he goes back to work, I am sorry about your cancer diagnosis xxx

• Hi!

This is one of the reasons I use a journal type planner and when I'm watching a film or something on my laptop and write a mixture of what I did in the day and my thoughts at that time. I haven't read a single one of my entries, it's just to get it out at the moment. It really does help, like talking to a friend who doesn't judge and you can say anything to. Good luck if you choose to start.