First Chemo precautions

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

I think I may be googling a little too much and now I’m scaring myself and need your advice, knowledge and experience please.

Hubby has had his first chemo today EOX treatment.  After reading online there are LOTS of opposing pieces of information on what should be done (especially in the first 48 hours)

My concern is about cleanliness. I have a house full of anti bacterial wipes and hand gel but now I’m reading about not handling his clothes and changing bedding after the first 48 hours. Also washing his clothes separately and twice through the washer with an anti bacterial or bleach supplement. Please help me as I feel such a responsibility to get this right I can feel the anxiety building.

eagerly awaiting your wisdom

Tez

• Hi and welcome to the online community

Although I know nothing about chemotherapy I do know that staying off google is a very good idea Slight smile

Unfortunately I see that no one from this group was able to come forward to answer your question. I realise that it may be too late now, as your husband started his chemotherapy treatment a couple of days ago, but if you're still looking for answers it might be a good idea to also post this question in the stomach cancer group which I can see you've joined. If you'd like to do this clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your husband's journey so far into your profile as it helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"