Allergic reaction to Herceptin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Can anyone help? I had an awful reaction to Herceptin yesterday and really don't want it again. Had it by IV. Didn't get through it all before it started coming out at both ends. I was freezing and started to shake. The nurses stopped the infusion immediately and gave me lots of fluids. Had anyone had a similar reaction and can tell me if an alternative can be prescribed?

Thank you, Babs Hearts

• Hi

I'm sorry to hear that you had an allergic reaction to Herceptin recently and I can understand that you wouldn't want to go through that again.

I can't help with your question but noticed that your post hadn't had any responses. Could I suggest that you also post this in the breast cancer group, as it's a much busier one than this one. That group also has a specific chemotherapy thread where you can ask questions relating to that type of treatment.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Hi Latchbrook, thanks I will. I wondered if I was the only one who's had a reaction.

Babs Hearts