Advice needed please urgent

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 10 subscribers

I had my whole thyroid removed 13 weeks ago thyroid and lymph-nodes 7 of them had cancer so it’s all removed I’m back home in a one bedroom flat with my sons surname his autistic, the built in wardrobe has always had dampness and mould but Iv always tried to sort it my self but it’s got massively worse! The council have been round but upstairs own the property so could take months or not be done at all! 

my fight with the council is I’m coughing every morning I’m sleeping on the floor because my sons routine is already ruined by our stuff having to be on the bed because the mould and silver fish and dampness is everywhere! In the wardrobe Should they be taking this more seriously ?? Especially with the procedure Iv had done xx 

• Hello , I’m so sorry to hear about your terrible problems with damp and the moment while your still recovering. I haven’t been in a similar situation so I’m unable to help from personal experience. I wondered if the Macmillan staff on the support line would be able to help you today with some advice or if you have contacted the citizens advice bureau for help. Watching some of these day time TV problems even if upstairs is privately owned sometimes the council have the authority to act so they may be able to give you some more answers if you get back to the people from the cancer who have visited, I hope you get things sorted soon for yourself and your son.

The Macmillan support line is 0808 808 0000 it’s open 8am to 8pm 7 days a week.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk

Best wishes

Take care KT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You're having a tough time, made worse by your landlord. Have you told your landlord that you're having treatment and need the damp problem cleared up quickly? I think I would contact social services and see what they can do for you. They might be able to put some pressure on the landlord to act.

Take care, Babs Hearts

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I know how hard it is when you are the one who has to make all the calls. But keep going. Get on to Social Services and don't let them fob you off. Get on to Macmillan. Get on to CAB. These people are there to help you. When they ask what they can do to help, throw yourself on them so they can't wriggle out.

Ask them to put anything they say in writing. That way you have evidence of any help they offer.

Keep going!