Wigs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hi all

I'm a 38 year old mummy who's about to start chemo. I have been told that with summer coming to look for anon synthetic wig. 

I've lost my confidence before I've even started. I want something natural and I don't know where to start. 

I'm reluctant to buy on line. I'm centrally located in Northamptonshire  

Help appreciated. 

Sarah 

• Hi

I'm not a member of this group but noticed that you hadn't had any replies. It could be that because you don't want to buy online nobody is aware of where you can buy a non-synthetic wig from in Northamptonshire.

I've had a look on this site and found this information for you about wigs. You will see that it says that staff at your hospital can advise you on where to go to choose a wig or suggest organisations for you to try. You may be eligible for a free wig on the NHS but they will only provide real hair ones if you are allergic to synthetic wigs.

I also wondered if your hairdresser might be able to advise you where you could buy human hair wigs from in your local area.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya,

I'm 38 years old and have just finished my 6 months of chemo. I was like you and at a loss as to what to do about a wig.  I wanted something I could clip back, straighten or curl and I wanted it to look as natural as possible. I found a woman online who makes the most amazing real hair wigs. Her name is nuola and she is London based, her website is nuolawigs.com. They are a bit pricey but 100% worth it. I have actually had people who knew I was Having treatment say to me "oh my goodness you havent lost your hair". I was so paranoid about having to wear a wig but this wig has been my saviour.  I have got one with balayage colours and have had so many compliments on the colour. Nothing will compare to your own hair but having a decent wig will definately help your confidence whilst having treatment. I hope this helped and honestly can't recommend her wigs enough. I did stalk her on Instagram and Facebook before buying from her and was really worried as it was online but honestly no need to worry the wig I bought from her is amazing. Good luck with your treatment. Also if you get a chance to go to one of the look good feel better workshops they are a great confidence booster. All the best.