Docetaxel

• 3 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hello All. I hope you’re all keeping well and strong. I have just completed 3 rounds of EC chemotherapy and although it was by no means easy, I have a few strands of hair left and managed the awful nausea with the given Drugs. I would like to hear from anyone about the side effects good or bad of Docetaxel with or without Carbo platin. Thank you Xx 

• Hi  

I don't have any experience with docetaxel but I did have paclitaxel after my 3 cycles of EC and didn't experience any side effects.

You may also want to post this question in the breast cancer forum, which I can see you've joined, as you'll then connect directly with others who have had this combination of drugs for the same type of cancer as you.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi I completed 4 sessions of EC and used the cold cap so luckily kept 80% of my hair, I have constant acid reflux which is the cause of my nausea, it’s controlled with Omaprazole to line my stomach, I recently moved as planned to Docetaxel which I will have for a total of 4 sessions, 1 week after my first infusion of it I do feel rubbish, my teeth and muscles ache and I can’t taste anything at all, feels like I’m eating white slime .. I’m also very tired when normally I’m extremely active, I’m hoping this is temporary and I’ll feel better in a day or 2.

• Hello Skater girl, I start my Docetaxel next Wednesday. How are you feeling now? Good luck!