First Chemo

• 1 reply
  • 8 subscribers

Hello, I am due to start chemo for the first time in a couple of weeks and don't know where to start. Obviously I've got some idea of what to expect, mainly the worry of side effects, but not sure on the practical side. What do I bring with me? Can someone come with me? How long does it take? Will I feel rubbish that day or will it take a while to kick in? I'm sure someone will be in touch before then but I am at a loss just now so any advice would be great. Thanks

• Hi  and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your impending chemo….. over my many years of Lymphoma treatments I have had well over 800hrs of chemo…… and on the whole it was all ok.

But you are best talking with others who have had the ‘exact same’ treatment so you may want to have a look through THIS LIST where you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge