Xelox (Capox) for 2nd time, any recommendations for particular gloves/

• 6 replies
  • 9 subscribers

I had this two years ago between operations. 2nd op, liver, missed a bit. Since then I've had two rounds of a much milder chemo whose name i forgot, but I can't use it again I'm told so back to Xelox. I've got a diary from before, useful, eg steroids were giving me problems sleeping so ended up having them at noon.

The neuropathy was not nice and I cook a lot and use the freezer a lot. So can anyone recommend any particular gloves?

Thanks

Doug

• Hi Doug/ and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I was fortunate not to suffer with neuropathy when I had chemo but it was something I feared. I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

As you know the online community is divided into different support forums so I'm going to recommend that you also join and post this in the bowel cancer forum, as that was the type of primary cancer that you had, and you should then connect with others on this type of chemo.

To join, just click on the link I've created and, once you've joined, you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thanks. Not sure why my username is unseen, that's not what I want at all!

• Hi

It must have been what you typed in when you opened your account. You can change it by emailing community@macmillan.org.uk and letting the administrators know what you'd like your new username to be.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Forgot  - it's a Terry Pratchett reference.

• Afternoon,

I have had two rounds so far and my cold touch symptoms were there even touching slightly cool things around the house.  On the first week of each cycle outdoors was a nightmare. I ended up buying heated gloves from Amazon. They are pretty good but not cheap.  
    https://amzn.eu/d/h4nHrdV

I think that link should take you there. 

should have been starting my third round on Monday but my white blood cell count was too low.  Frowning2️

hope this is useful.