Heart monitoring whilst in treatment

• 5 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello there, Grin

Is there anybody that can tell me their experience of heart monitoring through undergoing treatment. I am currently on 7th round of weekly paciticle Chemo & 3rd 3 weekly Herceptin injections. I had an echo scan in January, this was before starting my treatment. Can anyone tell me how often I’m likely to have my heart checked. I have not had any problem’s up until now, but over the last few days I have felt a strange sensation in my chest, to the left of my breast bone, not sure if I’m just being over cautious & anxious, as have had panic attacks in the past. 

Thank you,

Xx

• Hi  sorry to hear about your recent problems…… ongoing heart monitoring can be different across cancer types and especially treatment especially treatment that have a history of heart problems…… I was checked before or during each treatment as my treatment was very strong.

But, and it’s a BIG but…..  when you are having any heart issues you should be calling your clinical team to get their advise…… if you can’t get through to your team do call 111 and talk with them.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for replying Mike. 
    I am feeling ok at the moment. I will call the team tomorrow, or before if have any more issues.

Hope you are keeping well.Pray

Xx

• From my long experience never take any heart issues for granted…… back in April 2022 I was having random back pains when on a family holiday…… a few days later I got checked out and turned out I was having mini heart attacks….. a few stents later all is well

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike,

Just a little update. I discussed my ongoing chest pain with the chemo nurse today. I was checked over by the oncologist & another doctor, after having ECG they decided I could go ahead with the chemo treatment today, but wanted to repeat an ECG afterwards, which I had and they were happy with that, said for me to call the hotline with any changes to symptoms or if I am worried. Feeling relieved & thank you for your advice. Relieved 

Hope you are doing well & having a good day…Pray

xx

• This is good news and great they are keeping an eye on you ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge