Anti sickness remedies

• 3 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Hi everyone Wave

I started weekly chemo for breast cancer 2 weeks ago. I'm getting some nausea. I have been prescribed Metoclopramide tablets but I think they are causing diarrhoea. I'm going to ask if I can try a different antisickness medication. 

In the meantime I have been eating small amounts of crystallised ginger when I feel nauseous. This is working well. 

Any suggestions or tips for dealing with nausea would be welcome.

Many thanks Heart

Bicyclist

• Hi  I am sorry to hear about the challenges you are having.

I had over 800hrs of chemo over my 2 years treatment for my cancer and never found a magic tool...... apart from regularly working with my clinical team to change my anti-sickness meds as we found that we had to change meds as things developed and at times we went back to the start and used the same med I was on months back....... the other very important tool is ensuring that you are drinking a good 2 liters of water a day every day as this flushes out the toxins from your body helping the nausea.

It's important to compare apples with apples so why not put your question up on the Breast cancer support group as this will connect you with people who have had the exact same treatment....... my treatment was completely different.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for that I will make sure I keep my water intake up and ask the breast cancer group the same question. 

• my son is having chemo and finds that peppermint tea works better for his nausea than ginger which he also takes.