Side effects

• 1 reply
  • 9 subscribers

Hi, I have breast cancer and it's the triple negative type, I have been having weekly treatment since October with breaks in December as I was ill in hospital for a week, I am now having my chemo changed and it is going to be every 3 weeks. What I wanted to ask was, I found when I was having weekly treatment I constantly felt rubbish, my chest always felt heavy I had all the usual side effects, tiredness ect but I found when I had the breaks (from being ill) I started to feel better in myself and the heavynss in my chest went, has anyone else experienced this, do you feal a bit better when you have treatment every 3 weekly?? I really would like to hear other people's experiences. Thanks

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read how rubbish you felt while having chemotherapy and it's natural to wonder if you'll tolerate the new chemotherapy better. 

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the breast cancer forum, which I can see you've posted in before, as you'll then connect directly with others who have had the same type of chemotherapy.

It would also be good if you named the chemotherapy you had and are going to have as then we can let you know how we felt if we had the same. For example, I had 3 cycles of 3-weekly epirubicin and cyclophosphamide, commonly known as EC, followed by 12 weeks of paclitaxel.

Anne

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"