Gemcitabine and cisplatin

• 11 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Sorry for the short post, but I’m trying to cram as much information as possible before I go to work! Does anyone have any experience of this combination of chemo? Any help very welcome. Thank you.

• Hi  I have had a lot of different chemo drugs but not these but let’s look for anyone to pick up on your post who have been on them.

This group is a ‘General Chemotherapy’ chat group but as there are many 100s of different drugs it may be worth also posting in the ‘cancer specific groups’ that you are active on as this will increase your response rate to your question.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike I really appreciate your help. 

• Hi Jools63, 

Not sure if anyone has replied to you on other forums? I had 3 cycles of Gem/cis early last year,  struggled with nausea and a metallic taste but apart from that all good 

• Thank you so much for your reply. I had almost given up trying to find anyone with any experience of this combination of chemo. I’m pleased to hear that you managed okay with side effects. I hope you are well now.

•  After chemo and surgery I am currently clear and having 3/6 monthly checks and scans. How are you doing now?

• Sorry I don’t log in very often! I’m now waiting for my pre-chemo assessment. I should’ve started treatment 22nd January, but asked for a bit of time to visit my family. Unfortunately, it looks like there’s quite a long wait, so who knows when I’ll start. How about you? When is your next scan?

• Hiya, just back from my 3month cytoscopy and all clear! Have contrast CT scan of lungs, abdomen and pelvis tomorrow so fingers crossed for a clear result in a couple of weeks.

I hope your treatment begins soon, Take care 

• Great news and good luck 

Lee

• That’s good news so far. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. I’ve got a scan on Friday. I’m hoping the time I gad off hasn’t changed my situation. Got my pre-assessment date for 19th, and chemo with immunotherapy begins 29th! I hope you don’t have to wait for two weeks for your scan results. I ask my nurses to ring me with mine.

• Thank you, having read your journey to date I wish you so much good fortune in your future journey. I do have an amazing CNS who will let me know results and also  chase them up for me, she is also my husbands CNS as he is also in remission from bladder cancer.