Post Chemo

• 4 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Why do I feel worse now, in day four of recovery, than I did having the chemo . I sacred it’s not worked at all My thoughts are not being nice to me today.,

• Hello Mtjo

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell after your chemo. Have you a number that you can call for some advice? I was given a 24 hour number to call and found the nurses really supportive.

Just a thought but were you given steroids to take at home? I found that when they stopped after 2 days post chemo day I would feel worse. I told my consultant and on the next cycle I was given a tapering dose. This really helped. I found with my chemo the first couple of days weren't too bad and then I felt worse before I started improving.

I would also suggest making a note of how you are feeling each day as when you get your consultant review you will be able to talk through any side effects. I also found that each cycle was similar so when you are having tougher days you will know that they don't last and when you will start to pick up a bit. Also if you are experiencing any side effects, they can normally offer medication that will help so it is worth giving them a call.

I hope you start to feel better soon

Jane

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• HI, thank you the response. I’ve AML leukaemia so I’m in hospital permanently for a while. Thanks for the information, they don’t really tell you how you are going to feel do they.,I’ve been keeping a journal too. Thanks 

Maria

• I am sorry that you are having to stay in hospital for a while. Are you feeling any better today?

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• No I’m not really , I’ve had plasma and in a middle of a blood transfusion. So hopefully I will perk up a little now. 
    Thanks for responding x

Maria