Immunotherapy

• 1 reply
  • 12 subscribers

My dad has had cancer for over 3 years now he is 48 years old he had it years ago when I was only young but he was in remission but it has come back it was in he’s lymph notes , lung,  tumor on he’s face located nearest he’s jaw he was put on too types of radiotherapy drug that was working great he had a operation to remove the tumor on he’s jaw it was about the size of a golf ball and they also removed his lymph notes In he’s neck he had this operation on the 7th of June he was out the next day even though he’s blood pressure was still high he took a seizure after 4 hours of coming home we brought him to hospital where he had taken over several more waiting to be seen by doctors and waiting for test results he then told us that wasn’t the first one he had taken 3 seizures with out telling nobody tests came back he has cancer on the  brain they are now wanting to start him on immunotherapy  I don’t know much about cancer any advice or help or anything would mean a great deal to me 

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm really sorry to read that your dad's cancer has recurred and it must be a very worrying time for the whole family.

The online community is divided up into different support groups which are great places to ask questions, share experiences and get support. I'm not sure from what you've written what type of primary cancer your dad has but if you're happy to tell me then I can give you a direct link to that group where you can ask others how they've got on with immunotherapy. Alternatively you can look through this list and choose the appropriate one for your dad.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join the family and friends group which is a safe and supportive place to discuss your worries and emotions with others who have a loved one living with cancer.

If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've created and then join and post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could pop something about your dad's diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"