Chemo tablets

• 3 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hello everyone, wondering if any knows the difference between chemo  tablets and an infusion.  I’m due to start chemo tablets on Monday and just wondering if the side effects are different, and are the tablets a milder form of chemo? Thanks very much xx

• Hi

I can't help with your question about what the difference is between chemo tablets and an infusion but I noticed that you hadn't had any replies yet.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this question in the group specific to your type of cancer as you should then connect directly with others who may have been on both types. 

It would be great if you could pop something about your diagnosis and treatment so far into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Welcome

What chemo will you be having ? I am currently on Capox. So i start with an infusion at the hospital which takes 2-3 hours or so. Then the  days after the infusion are the hardest with fatigue and sickness but it wears off.  Then im on tablets for two weeks.Tablets are generally OK.

NOTE:::: BUT this is just my experience and we all are affected differently. The type of chemo  and where the cancer is will also vary in its side effects

Definitely pop this question in the specific cancer group and there you will find others who are going through or have been through the type of chemo and cancer you need help with. And there is always the support line 0808 808 0000

• Hi 

not sure which tablets you have 

I have just had my 12th month of temozolomide 

and what I was told was because mine is a brain tumour the tablets can cross the blood brain barrier better 

the side effects are different for each chemotherapy type 

I didn’t lose my hair 

I didn’t feel sick 

but I did get very tired towards the end of each cycle 

also the anti sickness tablets I had to take with them made me terribly constipated 

overall tho the radiotherapy hit me harder as that alongside the tumour really effected my mobility