Risk with flot

• 3 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Immune system

I started chem a few weeks ago and 10 days after I ended up with 11 days in hospital with multiple bacterial infections do I have a choice to not have chemotherapy again and suggest I go straight to surgery

• Hi .... hard question for anyone to answers as each journey is so different. I have a rare blood cancer so Chemo is the main battle tool as surgery is not an option....... so yes, infections can go hand in hand with chemo. So this is a question for your clinical team to answer.

FLOT is used for a few types of cancer so have a look through this list where you will find all our many dedicated cancer support groups listed. These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link I have created above. Then once you find the group for your cancer type click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post and as always you can reply to existing ‘Discussions’ by click [reply].

All the very best

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for info it has been decided that due to my high risk of infection chemo has been withdrawn and surgeons are now looking at a date to remove the tumour( known as Neil) so they are now making plans to go down another route 

• Hi again ....... good that a plan is being put in place. Do look for 'your' cancer type in this list and get yourself connected in with others who have walked this walk - all the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge