XELOX (CAPOX) - What tiredness to expect?

• 2 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello all. I'm about to start XELOX (CAPOX) chemo and would like to know what tiredness people experience after the Oxaliplatin injection so that I can build up a picture of what range of tiredness & duration to expect please?

I'm in my 40's and the reason I ask is I'm planning to go to a festival during the chemo (the Dr gave me the go ahead, and I'll do everything to make t happen) and I'm trying to gauge how tired I will be feeling on the 4th cycle so that I'm a little bit more aware of what to expect. Obviously I'm planning to be a lot less active, possibly sleeping midday and avoiding standing around in crowds etc. I have a number of things in place to support me during the festival but I just want to build up a picture of the tiredness experience by others that have gone through the same treatment please.

Thank you. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is an informative and supportive place.

I haven't had chemotherapy, so can't help with any experiences, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

As you know the online community is divided up into different cancer specific support groups so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also join the bowel cancer group which is a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from people with a similar diagnosis. Also it's a much more active group than this one so I'm sure you'll get replies there.

If this is something that you'd like to do clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there where you can join and post in the same way as you did here.

If you have any difficulty navigating the community just drop me a reply and I'll be pleased to help

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"