Bowel cancer xelox/ capox Ileostomy stoma

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

My Dad is 66 3 weeks post op - 12 inches of colon removed -

ileostomy stoma .

My Dad has been home from hospital one week and has been told sadly he does need chemotherapy as 3/24 lump spread picked up.

Hes due to start xelox/ capox chemotherapy in the next few weeks , just awaiting blood results . He loads iron ( ferritin ) heomochromtosis.

My Dads diet he has to follow for the stoma is low fibre and lots white bread , and salt , and sugary snacks and isotonic drinks . 

If anyone can recommend anything he could possibly take to help build him up over the next few weeks before starts xelox/ capox iv and tablet in 3 weekly cycles I think .

* if anyone could recommend anything I could buy him or anything that would help with side effects we would be eternally grateful. I am aware that everyone has different side effects .

Thabk you in advance for your time and information xx

clare xx

• Hi . I just dropped by and noticed you hadn't received a reply to this post but happily you've now received a reply to your later post which I hope proved helpful. During these "Covid" times we all feel so helpless when we can't accompany family to appointments, especially when they're not too good at passing on what they've heard - it must be awful for you. 

I have a different type of cancer and haven't had chemotherapy so don't drop in here very often so I'm really sorry you hadn't received a reply more speedily.

Also I'm sorry to read about your son's broken arm - I hope he's also making good progress.

Sending you and your family all the best, hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett