Chemo-radiation - finding it tough going

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Hi there.

4 years ago I had a hysterectomy for Stage 2 womb cancer. A couple of months ago, after over a year of pushing for tests for ongoing chronic pelvic pain, I finally got the news that the cancer has recurred in my pelvis.

It was located in front of my aorta and renal arteries mainly. I had an op for them to remove as much as they could but they couldn't get it all.

I'm now receiving pelvic radiation every day for 6 weeks (I'm  into week 3) and 2 cycles of cisplatin. This will then be followed by 3 cycles of carboplatin and docetaxel (apologies for spellings)

I'm finding the daily trips to radiotherapy and the preparation each day really tiring. I have to have a treatment each day to empty my colon and then drink 2 litres of water so that I have a full bladder before each radiotherapy session. 

I'm nauseous,  fatigued, runny tum, had blood clots and feel  generally fed up. Really dont want to go another month of this and my next chemo date is coming up next week. 

Does it get better? I'm really tired of being in pain and feeling so sick and fatigued all the time. I feel like my poor son has seen his mum more sick than I have been well and I'm early 40s. 

Sorry for the moan! I know that I have a lot to be thankful for too (I'm getting treatment, I have a great husband) but I guess I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of another couple of months of this. 

Much love to everyone out there who is going through this battle or supporting a loved one. 

Be Brave x

• Hi

It does sound like you've been through an awful lot and I can understand that you're fed up with being in pain and feeling sick and fatigued all the time. 

I haven't had chemoradiation, so don't have any experiences to share, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. This is a fairly quiet group so you might be better posting in the group specific to your type of cancer which I think is the womb cancer group if I've read your post correctly - apologies if I've got it wrong!

I do hope things begin to improve for you soon

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"