Chemo

• 4 replies
  • 12 subscribers

Due to start chemo on Tuesday scared to bits 

• Hi Katt23 I can understand you are feeling anxious about starting chemotherapy.  The fear of the unknown is awful. I do not know what type of chemo you are having but what I can tell you is, the chemo unit is full of very caring staff, who will be keeping a very close eye on you over the coming weeks. You will probably find that as your appointments will be the same time each week, you will soon see many familiar faces of other people who are also having their chemo. 

I wish you all the very best for your treatment. I know you are also a member of the lung group. Please feel free to come and ask any questions there about the type of chemo you are having.  We are a very supportive group, and I am sure others will willingly share their experience with you. 

Take care

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks I updated my profile,

• Hi Katt23, 

How was your Chemo? How are you feeling. I know all Chemo drugs are different but I’m sure you’ve been able to discuss things further with the team in the unit. I just wanted to say, be brave, keep positive and I know you are feeling turned upside down right now but hopefully very soon this will be a distant memory.

Im in the ovarian cancer group and I know that any questions I had were answered by the members either directly or by looking back at past posts. Any questions you have, just ask and I’m sure someone will know the answer.

Sending you a gentle hug and lots of get well wishes x

If the plan doesn't work, change the plan but never the goal!
  • Thanks calming down doing okay back next Tuesday blood test then more chemo tablets Wednesday