Help for sore scalp following Chemo!?

• 4 replies
  • 11 subscribers

Hello everyone,

My partner is in the middle of his cisplatin and etoposide chemo and although he hadn't lost all his hair, it is starting to fall out. He has a very sore scalp at the moment (I shaved the rest of his hair no. 1 which has helped a bit) but I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with this and could recommend anything to ease it a bit?

Thank you so much :) 

• Hi  and a warm welcome to the online community

Having a sore scalp must be very unpleasant for your partner but it isn't something I have any experience with. However, I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet so I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the lung cancer group, which I can see you're a member of, as that group is far more active than this one and I hope you'll find people with the experience you need there.

I do hope your partner can find an answer to this soon

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you :) he's found witch Hazel is helping a bit but I might post there anyway. 

• Yes i had similar pain and also found reducing the hair length really helped ( mine was long so i think the weight really didn’t help.)  Although shaving did help - also try a few drops of tea tree oil mixed in with a gentle shampoo. Leave on for 4/5 mins and then wash off. This helped me enormously!!

• I suffered with this & also found reducing hair length helped. Also a few drops of tea tree oil mixed in with shampoo & left on my scalp for 4/5 mins before washing off really helped this too.